Registration is now open for the March 25 PIE – Fostering independence.
Elizabeth Gardner, District Vice Principal-Learning Support Services will share focused work the Burnaby School District is doing with Learning Support Teachers, EAs and classroom teachers to assess, teach and develop independence so that our students with special needs can spend the majority of their time focusing on learning and social life within the classroom and school.
The presentation will cover:
- Why independence is so critical.
- How we identify the skills needed for our students/children to become more independent.
- How we teach those skills.
- How we fade supports so that the student/child is able to do things without adult support.
- What parents do at home to support developing independence.
You must log in to post a comment.